For Sip & Stitch this week we are getting ready for back to school and making an in the hoop on ITH pencil zippered bag. I found this adorable bag that looks like an actual pencil and my girls loved it when I showed it to them. In the hoop zippered bags can be intimidating, but I will go through step by step on how to create this. The entire bag is totally made in the hoop. All that need to be done is to close one small hole when you are done. I will be using my Brother NQ3600D and the 6×10 hoop it comes with, but the design is also offered in 4×4, 5×7, and 8×12 so you can make one as big or as small as you would like!
This post contains affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my link. All opinions are my own and I only promote products that I use and love.
ITH Pencil Zippered Bag Supplies:
- Pencil Zippered Bag DesignUse coupon code SIPANDSTITCH for 30% of your order of $5 or more. Expires 8/14/22
- I will be using my 6×10 hoop on my Brother NQ3600D (discontinued) but you can check out these newer machines that have a 6×10 embroidery field
- Tear Away stabilizer. Use coupon code “karliebelle” to save 10%
- here is another brand I have used from Amazon
- Embrilliance Essentials if you would like to personalize your bag
- Very thin embroidery vinyl/ faux leather can be used, or you can just use fabric for the entire bag
- Here is the thin gold glitter fabric I used
- Zipper or Zipper Tape
- Kimberbell Paper Tape
- Applique Scissors Use coupon code “karliebelle” to save 10%
- Ribbon and Hardware D-ring optional
- 75/11 Ball Point Needle Use coupon code “karliebelle” to save 10%
- Embroidery Thread Use coupon code “karliebelle” to save 10%
- Pre-wound Bobbin
- Hemostats to help turn bag out when done
- Point turning Tool
- Fabric Tape
You can checkout all of my previous Sip & Stitch projects here. I look forward to chatting with you the next time I am live. You can get info on all of my upcoming projects on the Sip & Stitch Homepage. I am live on my YouTube channel every other Friday night with a new tutorial 😁.
🌟🌟🌟I now have a direct contact at Sewing Machines Plus whenever you have questions about products or are ready to buy a new machine. Call Jean at 800-401-8151 Ext: 139 or email her at [email protected] Tell her Karlie Belle sent you 😘.
Thanks for stoping by!